The Syscal Junior is an all-purpose resistivity and induced polarization sounding and profiling system for environmental applications. The system is supplied as a standard sounding system capable of recording two measurements simultaneously, perfect for performing offset Wenner sounding arrays. The output current is automatically adjusted (automatic ranging) to optimize the input voltage values and to ensure the best measurement quality.
Compact, easy-to-use and field proof, the Syscal Junior measures both resistivity and chargeability (IP). With a maximum power output of 100W at 800Vpp, the Syscal Junior is suitable for most near surface geophysical prospection applications, such as pollution monitoring and mapping, salinity control, depth-to-rock determination and weathered bedrock mapping. In high resistance environments it may be necessary to use the Syscal Junior R1 plus
- Locate conductive fault in fractured acquirer
- Assess water table characteristics
- Characterize salt water wedge extension in groundwater
- Monitor pollution
- Detect leaks and monitor degradation in waste disposal
- Locate and image buried structures