The Geode Exploration Seismograph is the most popular engineering seismograph in the world, used by both academics and geophysical professionals. The Geode is a versatile and flexible seismograph, small and lightweight enough to pack into your suitcase, yet easily expandable if needed for full-scale 2D and 3D surveys via our intelligently designed distributed architecture. Use the Geode for reflection, refraction, MASW/MAM, or tomography surveys, as well as for more niche use cases such as earthquake, quarry blasts, or heavy equipment monitoring. The Geode can also easily handle marine profiling and continuous recording!
- Versatile Seismic Recorder: Petroleum exploration and monitoring, engineering studies, depth to bedrock, fault and fracture location, hydrologic investigations, research and teaching.
- Reflection: Suitable for shallow reflection, deep reflection, 2-D and 3-D surveys
- Refraction: Comes with built-in first break picking and analysis
- Marine Surveys: Very fast time between shots, real-time single-trace gathers, gun monitoring, noise snapshots, tape swapping for 24/7 operation.
- Sub-bottom Profiling: Works with boomers, sparkers, bubble-pulse sources or air guns
- 4-D Time Lapse Surveys: Weather-proof Geodes can be left in place or redeployed easily for accurate repeat surveys
- Earthquake Monitoring: Uses STA/LTA type algorithm to trigger on incoming data stream, synchronizes with GPS clock
- Continuous Recording: Continuous mode plus GPS synchronization for blast and vibration monitoring, general industrial applications.
- MASW: UBC Vs30/ IBC Vs100 Site Classification, microzonation studies (H/V method), foundational engineering
Features and benefits
- Ultra Light-weight: 8 lb., 3.6 kg, modules are easy to carry and deploy.
- 3 Year Warranty: Supported by full time customer service staff with 4 technicians, 4 geophysicists, real-time on-line support available.
- Expandable: Available with 3 to 24 channels per module; connect more modules to build low cost distributed systems up to 1000 channels.
- Unmatched Specifications: 24 bit, ultra-high resolution 20 kHz bandwidth (8 to 0.02 ms sampling), low distortion (0.0005%), low noise (0.2uV), stacking accuracy (1/32 of sample interval).
- GPS Synchronization: Sub-sample timing accuracy so you know exactly when an event occurs.
- Built Rugged: Passes MIL810E vibration test, survives 1.5m drop onto concrete in 14 orientations, submersible.
- Easy Interface: Connects to any laptop or PC via standard network port. Plug the Geode into your building network and operate it remotely.
- Noiseless Digital Transmission: Data transmitted from Geodes digitally on light, inexpensive cables.
- Complete Performance and Line Testing: Built-in test finds bad geophones, cables. Interfaces with Geometrics field portable test oscillator when specifications verification is required.